Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Talent On The Rise (T.O.T.R)




Recognize the name? If not, you will from now on. This 19-year old Queens, New York singer is a Neo-Soul and R&B recording artist. Aside from singing, she occupies a job and is a full time Business major. Find out a little more about her in our interview below! 

Q: Alyse Winter is a unique stage name, how did you come up with it? 
A: Alyse comes from my middle name Alyssa. Over the years I have changed for the better as a person as well as vocally, Alyse to me is a mature version of Alyssa. Alyse Winter to me is very mature for her age and wise. She knows what she wants, what she needs and how she's going to get it. I dated this guy a while back, and his last name was Wint.

Q: Was that relationship an "Adele" situation, as far as inspiration?
A: That relationship itself was horrible. I learned a lot about life, relationships, and myself while I was with him. I learned what I want and what I do not ever want out of life. A lot of inspiration in my writing came from that rollercoaster ride of a relationship. So, yes it was. 

Q: What are your other inspirations? 
A: Ryan Leslie inspires me to stay in school, which I think is very important. A lot of up and coming artists either decided not to go to college at all or dropped out for various reasons. One of them being the "You dont need college if you're an artist" excuse. I studied and researched this man, listened to what he did to achieve his success so far and I think he's brilliant!

Q: What female vocalist do you respect talent wise? 
A: Beyonce, I am in love with Beyonce's everything. (laughs) Image is important and I think Beyonce has mastered being both sexy and classy without being too trashy. Beyonce's vocal ability itself is just amazing. Then, her vocal ability while performing live and dancing is just too die for. I honestly feel like Beyonce has tried just about everything there is to try in her career. I aspire to master my craft the way Beyonce has.

Visit Alyse's Youtube Channel to hear her music! Youtube.com/User/PrettyRichShaq 

No comments:

Post a Comment